Friday 17 January 2014

L'oreal Miss Manga Mega volume mascara

Try saying the title of this post 3 times really fast!
So this is the new mascara from L'oreal, We'll just call it the miss manga for the remainder of this post so I don't end up with cramp in my fingers. Initially I was so impressed with it that I wanted to type up a first impressions post immediately, but I held off and now after wearing this everyday for the past ten days I feel like I can give you a proper review...

Firstly lets talk packaging a black and bright metallic pink I can see it not been everybody's cup of tea, its definitely such not an important factor, I personally love it! 

The wand is an interesting one, it is a conical shaped bristle wand with a flexible handle designed to make application easier, I haven't found that having this extra feature has made all that much difference to the way I apply my mascara as I'm quite set in my ways when it comes to application but I can see it being useful to those who struggle reaching the inner corner lashes.

 The tip of the wand is designed to achieve that Japanese anime doll eye effect, it has very short sparse bristles and looks unlike any other drugstore mascara that I can think of, really it looks a bit like its been hacked at with scissors, but it does coat and separate lower lashes perfectly and allows you to have complete control while doing so.

Application wise I initially found this a dream to work with however the formula dried out within a week and I'm finding it harder not to get a clumpy finish to my lashes when I use it which is a shame.
I actually don't find it to be that volumising as the name would suggest however it does give a decent amount of length and curl to my lashes.
Before Natural lashes
After with 2 coats of miss manga 
(no eyelash curlers used)

The biggest plus points I have found are that it really holds up the curl throughout the day it also doesn't flake or smudge, even on days when my eyes have been really watery in the cold weather it has held it's own against the elements even though it isn't waterproof which has really impressed me!

Personally I probably won't repurchase this mascara because of how the formula dried out and made it difficult to work with for my preferred separated lash look however I know a lot of people enjoy a drier formula and because of the plus points for this I'd definitely recommend giving it a try especially as it's still on introductory offer for a bargainous £5.99 at Boots and Superdrug!
 (it also comes in Pop Turquoise and Tropical Violet if you want to be fancy ;))

Have you tried the miss manga?
Oh and happy Friday!!!

xxx

4 comments:

  1. I'm defo going to buy this when I get paid. I love the look of the brush and I think it would work really well for me!
    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying this for the past week and so far I quite like it although I'd never actually apply it like they do on the advert - it looks ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me really happy,thanks for taking the time to leave one lovelies! please check back to see my response to any questions :) xxx