Saturday 14 February 2015

5 Reds I Dare To Wear!

Happy valentines day! I hope you have all been suitably spoiled today and if not never mind its all a load of bollocks anyway ;) I've never been much of a lover of Valentines day but I am a lover of matching make-up to occassions and we all know that Valentines = Red lips!



So even though I'm not the bravest when it comes to leaving the house in any kind of super bold red lip I am still a big fan especially when it comes to a red lip with a neutral eye/black liquid liner combo I just tend to go for a more toned down version, I know I'm not alone with this  so I thought I'd gather up my top 5 'comfort zone reds' and share the ones I dare to wear! 

MAC 'Ruby Woo'


Starting with the most daring of the bunch, Ruby Woo is such a beautiful classic red I just love it! I tend to apply this by dabbing the colour onto my lips and blending with my finger to get more of a stained look but applied full on from the bullet it delivers a seriously stunning matte red pout that suits pretty much everyone.




NARS Lipgloss 'Scandal'

A gorgeous semi-sheer warm toned gloss, this is an easy one to swipe on over lipstick/tint or to wear alone for a pretty but not in your face pop of cherry red.



Revlon Lip butter 'Wild Watermelon' 

A really coral/pink toned red, this is so easy to apply and comfortable to wear the colour can be swiped on from the bullet for a semi sheer tint or built up so you can have an almost opaque glossy lip. It's a pretty V.day red but I'm also thinking this will be amazing in Summer with a tan!



ELF luscious liquid lipstick 'strawberry'

This one is quite similar to the NARS lipgloss although being from ELF it's around a fifteenth of the price, colour wise it's pretty much a dupe it's just a teeny bit more pink and the ELF is a little more sheer and less sticky formula wise, I'd recommend picking this up though if you were thinking of splashing the cash on the NARS.




benefit 'benetint'

I feel that this was a product bought out with valentines day in mind although as I typed that I remembered it was actually originally released as a nipple tint haha oh well whatever floats your boat! This is a classic for red lip wusses, a rosy red liquid tint that can be built up and dries leaving a gorgeous 'just bitten' stain and can also be worn as a cheek tint for uniformed rosiness!


I hope you find this helpful if you are looking for some subtle red lip shades, Let me know your recommendations for easy to wear red lips and if any of these are already a favourite of yours.

xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me really happy,thanks for taking the time to leave one lovelies! please check back to see my response to any questions :) xxx