Sunday 19 January 2014

A little e.l.f. haul

Firstly apologies if the title is a little misleading and you have landed here expecting to see pictures of tiny little elves, of course you haven't but the title made me laugh when I read it back, oh dear I think I need to cut back on my caffeine intake!! Ahem... anyway clearly I have not been shopping at the north pole, I actually made my very first order from the notoriously inexpensive e.l.f. cosmetics last week and thought that I would share with you what I picked up all for the bargain price of £5.10!


Top to bottom 
Luscious liquid lipstick in 'Strawberry'
Hypershine gloss in 'Bubblegum'
Mineral lip liner in 'peachy'

The main reason I decided to pop my e.l.f. cherry was the lip liner, I saw it on Sabrina's video and knew that it was something that I wanted to get, it looked so nice on her and it's a gorgeous peachy nude I thought would go nicely with 'shy girl' lipstick which I bought last week. I like how lip liner makes lips seem more 'done' but I hardly ever wear them so for the past couple of days I've been wearing this and I absolutely love it, it comes in a twist up pencil and because it glides on really smoothly you don't end up pressing on too hard and snapping the end off, fab!

I also checked out the sale while I was on the site because it would be rude not too and popped the hypershine lip gloss in 'Bubblegum' into my basket, mainly because since being about 12 and having a Miss Selfridge lip gloss which was bright pink and tasted of bubblegum, I've been a sucker for bubblegum lip products...fun fact! I also thought that it could possibly be a dupe for the Stila lip glaze's which I used to love back in the day...It's not... the twist up pen/brush applicator is where the similarities end. The colour goes on quite sheer and the consistency is pretty runny so trying to build up colour can end up giving you a delightful 'dribbly' look. For £1.35 I'm not complaining, how could I? It's still a pretty gloss which looks super shiny without being in the slightest bit sticky it just requires a light hand.

Also in the sale for 75p...I know..cray! was the luscious liquid lipstick, another twist up pen jobby with a sponge tip applicator, I really wanted the shade 'baby lips' which looked like a really pretty peachy pink but it was out of stock so I settled for 'strawberry' which is a little more red than my swatch shows, the colour is actually very similar to NARS 'scandal' lipgloss .I really like this, I'm impressed with the pigmentation it applies smoothly and like the hypershine its glossy without being sticky I've only tried this out briefly so I can't be sure how long lasting it is, it does adhere to the lips better than the hypershine so I'm hopeful of at least a couple of hours but we'll see. I do really like this formula so I'm keeping my eye out for some other shades coming back into stock.

Do you have any e.l.f. recommendations?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me really happy,thanks for taking the time to leave one lovelies! please check back to see my response to any questions :) xxx